How does the RadiChip work?
RadiChips are made of multiple layers of specially formulated microwave absorbing materials, combined with a specially engineered passive directional RF coupler. These layers absorb most of the transmitted RF signal from the iPad’s antenna while the RF coupler controls and disperses the signal towards the front of the iPad.
Developed by an Australian RF Engineer, RadiChips has been scientifically tested and proven not to interfere with the normal operation of the iPad.
The Cellsafe technology has been independently tested and demonstrated a reduction in the Specific Absorption Rate (SAR) up to 65% for Wi-Fi chips and 87.7% for 3G/4G chips. SAR is used to measure the energy which is absorbed by human tissue when exposed to a radio frequency electromagnetic field.
This discreet chip is placed on the back of your iPad and at just 0.35mm is thin enough to allow fitting of any regular iPad cover over the top, or simply use the RadiChip on your iPad without a case. Just keep in mind that cases with aluminium or metal parts may interfere with the performance of the RadiChip.
How are the RadiChips tested?
Measuring SAR from phones and tablets is a complex and expensive process. There’s only one NATA accredited lab in Australia equipped to test SAR from wireless devices, and that’s EMC Technologies in Melbourne. Cellsafe have commissioned full independent reports from EMC Technologies for RadiChip models.
If you’d like to view the test reports from EMC Technologies, you can download them here.
You might also be interesting in viewing the video on the video tab which explains how the RadiChips are tested.
How do I use the RadiChip?
- Ensure you choose the correct RadiChip for your iPad. If your iPad is active on the 3G or 4G network, you may need to purchase both the wi-fi and 3G/4G RadiChips.
- Refer to the placement diagram for the positioning of the RadiChips as correct placement is essential.
- Clean the back of your iPad to ensure it is free of dirt, dust, lint or oils to ensure proper adhesion. An alcohol wipe is perfect. Allow the surface to completely dry.
- Slowly peel the adhesive backing paper from the RadiChip and gentle place it on the back of your iPad in accordance with the placement diagram. Repeat for all RadiChips.
- Replace your iPad in your iPad cover if you use one.
Please avoid exposing your RadiChip to extreme heat or moisture as this can cause serious damage to the chip. Also ensure your mobile phone case is free from metal and aluminium to ensure it’s effectiveness is not diminished.